1. The book written by Enoch--[Enoch indeed wrote this complete doctrine of wisdom, (which is) praised of all men and a judge of all the earth] for all my children who shall dwell on the earth. And for the future generations who shall observe uprightness and peace.
2. Let not your spirit be troubled on account of the times;For the Holy and Great One has appointed days for all things.
3. And the righteous one shall arise from sleep,[Shall arise] and walk in the paths of righteousness,And all his path and conversation shall be in eternal goodness and grace.
4. He will be gracious to the righteous and give him eternal uprightness,And He will give him power so that he shall be (endowed) with goodness and righteousness.And he shall walk in eternal light.
5. And sin shall perish in darkness for ever,And shall no more be seen from that day for evermore.
1. 'And now, my son Methuselah, call to me all thy brothersAnd gather together to me all the sons of thy mother; p. 130For the word calls me,And the spirit is poured out upon me,That I may show you everythingThat shall befall you for ever.'
2 And there upon Methuselah went and summoned to him all his brothers and assembled his relatives. 3 And he spake unto all the children of righteousness and said: 'Hear, ye sons of Enoch, all the words of your father,And hearken aright to the voice of my mouth;For I exhort you and say unto you, beloved:Love uprightness and walk therein.
4. And draw not nigh to uprightness with a double heart,And associate not with those of a double heart,But walk in righteousness, my sons.And it shall guide you on good paths,And righteousness shall be your companion.
5. For I know that violence must increase on the earth,And a great chastisement be executed on the earth,And all unrighteousness come to an end:Yea, it shall be cut off from its roots,And its whole structure be destroyed.
6. And unrighteousness shall again be consummated on the earth,And all the deeds of unrighteousness and of violenceAnd transgression shall prevail in a twofold degree.
7. And when sin and unrighteousness and blasphemyAnd violence in all kinds of deeds increase,And apostasy and transgression and uncleanness increase,A great chastisement shall come from heaven upon all these,And the holy Lord will come forth with wrath and chastisementTo execute judgement on earth.
8. In those days violence shall be cut off from its roots,And the roots of unrighteousness together with deceit,And they shall be destroyed from under heaven.
9. And all the idols of the heathen shall be abandoned,And the temples burned with fire,And they shall remove them from the whole earth,And they (i.e. the heathen) shall be cast into the judgement of fire,And shall perish in wrath and in grievous judgement for ever.
10. And the righteous shall arise from their sleep,And wisdom shall arise and be given unto them.
[11. And after that the roots of unrighteousness shall be cut off, and the sinners shall be destroyed by the sword . . . shall be cut off from the blasphemers in every place, and those who plan violence and those who commit blasphemy shall perish by the sword.]
18. And now I tell you, my sons, and show youThe paths of righteousness and the paths of violence.Yea, I will show them to you againThat ye may know what will come to pass.
19. And now, hearken unto me, my sons,And walk in the paths of righteousness,And walk not in the paths of violence;For all who walk in the paths of unrighteousness shall perish for ever.'
- The Apocalypse of Weeks.
1. And after that Enoch both †gave† and began to recount from the books. 2. And Enoch said:'Concerning the children of righteousness and concerning the elect of the world,And concerning the plant of uprightness, I will speak these things,Yea, I Enoch will declare (them) unto you, my sons:According to that which appeared to me in the heavenly vision,And which I have known through the word of the holy angels,And have learnt from the heavenly tablets.'
3. And Enoch began to recount from the books and said:'I was born the seventh in the first week,While judgement and righteousness still endured.
4. And after me there shall arise in the second week great wickedness,And deceit shall have sprung up;And in it there shall be the first end.And in it a man shall be saved;And after it is ended unrighteousness shall grow up,And a law shall be made for the sinners.
5. And after that in the third week at its closeA man shall be elected as the plant of righteous judgement,And his posterity shall become the plant of righteousness for evermore.
6. And after that in the fourth week, at its close,Visions of the holy and righteous shall be seen,And a law for all generations and an enclosure shall be made for them.
7. And after that in the fifth week, at its close,The house of glory and dominion shall be built for ever.
8. And after that in the sixth week all who live in it shall be blinded,And the hearts of all of them shall godlessly forsake wisdom.And in it a man shall ascend;And at its close the house of dominion shall be burnt with fire,And the whole race of the chosen root shall be dispersed.
9. And after that in the seventh week shall an apostate generation arise,And many shall be its deeds,And all its deeds shall be apostate.
10. And at its close shall be electedThe elect righteous of the eternal plant of righteousness,To receive sevenfold instruction concerning all His creation.
[11. For who is there of all the children of men that is able to hear the voice of the Holy One without being troubled? And who can think His thoughts? and who is there that can behold all the works of heaven? 12. And how should there be one who could behold the heaven, and who is there that could understand the things of heaven and see a soul or a spirit and could tell thereof, or ascend and see all their ends and think them or do like them? 13. And who is there of all men that could know what is the breadth and the length of the earth, and to whom has been shown the measure of all of them? 14. Or is there any one who could discern the length of the heaven and how great is its height, and upon what it is founded, and how great is the number of the stars, and where all the luminaries rest?]
- The Last Three Weeks.
12. And after that there shall be another, the eighth week, that of righteousness,And a sword shall be given to it that a righteous judgement may be executed on the oppressors,And sinners shall be delivered into the hands of the righteous
13 And at its close they shall acquire houses through their righteousness,And a house shall be built for the Great King in glory for evermore,14d. And all mankind shall look to the path of uprightness.
14a. And after that, in the ninth week, the righteous judgement shall be revealed to the whole world,b. And all the works of the godless shall vanish from all the earth,c. And the world shall be written down for destruction.
15. And after this, in the tenth week in the seventh part,There shall be the great eternal judgement,In which He will execute vengeance amongst the angels.
16. And the first heaven shall depart and pass away,And a new heaven shall appear,And all the powers of the heavens shall give sevenfold light.
17. And after that there will be many weeks without number for ever,And all shall be in goodness and righteousness,And sin shall no more be mentioned for ever.